[Sca-cooks] First Turkey Jitters--Brine it!!!

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 26 18:06:28 PST 2002

Avraham haRofeh wrote:

> ABSOLUTELY!!! Brine it in a garbage bag if you don't
> have a pot large enough to do it.

A note of caution from a safe food handling perspective:
do NOT use garbage bags for this purpose ( or tossing salad, or anything else to
do with food!)  Garbage bags often include odor inhibiting adddtives, etc that
should not come into contact with food.  Only use food grade bags for food
(yeah, they're more expensive but this is your health we're talking about).

Faerisa,
still reeling from the stuff they showed us in our food handler's certification
course (I got 100% - yipee!)