[Sca-cooks] Draft Menu for Red and White Ball

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Thu Oct 3 21:28:27 PDT 2002

I am catering the upcoming Red and White Ball in Politarchopolis. I have decided to reflect the varied countries of the renaissance dances in the menu, and so have whipped up the following draft.

It all has to be food that is able to be eaten by hand, which is why there are so many pastry dishes.  I have tried to make sure that the menu is light and summery in feel.

German
Genovese tart
Almond chantarelles
Plum Tart
Strawberry Tart
Chicken Buns
green tart
Date Tart

English
Jumbals (gilded)
date and prune shapes
gingerbread
apple puffs
strawberry gellies
candied ginger
carrot salad
peas pies
(the english really had sweet tooths!)

Italian
Elderflower fritters
Stuffed Eggs
Tart of Herbs
Sage dish

French
Particoloured white dish (a kind of sliceable almond pudding)
Lorey pastries
Hedgehogs (adjusted slightly as I don't have any mutton stomachs)

I am still fiddling, as I hope to get a bit more consistency in period for the dishes, and I haven't yet balanced it for allergies. Comments welcomed.

Kiriel du Papillon