[Sca-cooks] 1250

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 11:33:31 PDT 2002

Hi all.
Here is the question for Thursday!
Can anyone point me in the direction of, or send me recipes, etc from 1250
or before?  I somehow have the feeling there isn't going to be much outside
of the Andelusian book but I thought I would ask.  I don't keep dates in my
head so I'm unsure.
Anyway, if you want to know why, the Barony has been asked to participate in
a demo at the Walters Art Gallery this December and I thought I may put
together a handout/handbook of oh, say some recipes, links to websites on
food or food related art or topics, maybe a few drawings, perhaps a bit on
humors and meat/nonmeat days.  That sort of thing.  If you have any ideas or
suggestions that would be most welcome.  If you have already done something
around this time period that would be even better!

If you want to know more about the exhibit at the Walters Gallery see here;
http://www.thewalters.org/html/exhibit_current_detail_simp.asp?ID=53

The Book of Kings: Art, War and the Morgan Library's Medieval Picture Bible

October 27, 2002 - December 29, 2002
10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Special Exhibition Gallery
cost: Free with museum admission.

This exhibition will focus on The Crusader Bible, one of the greatest
manuscripts produced in France in the 13th century. At the moment, the book
is dis-bound, presenting the unique experience of seeing all the pages of
the book at once. The book recounts biblical history in sumptuous color and
vivid detail, accurately portraying life, love, and death in the Middle
Ages.

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar