[Sca-cooks] 1250

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Oct 10 11:47:51 PDT 2002

At 06:33 PM 10/10/02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>Here is the question for Thursday!
>Can anyone point me in the direction of, or send me recipes, etc from 1250
>or before?  I somehow have the feeling there isn't going to be much outside
>of the Andelusian book but I thought I would ask.  I don't keep dates in my
>head so I'm unsure.

How 'bout the Anglo-Norman one? I don't have a reference to hand but I'll
bet it's in Stefan's files somewhere...

>Anyway, if you want to know why, the Barony has been asked to participate in
>a demo at the Walters Art Gallery this December
<snip>
>If you want to know more about the exhibit at the Walters Gallery see here;
>http://www.thewalters.org/html/exhibit_current_detail_simp.asp?ID=53
>
>The Book of Kings: Art, War and the Morgan Library's Medieval Picture Bible
>
>This exhibition will focus on The Crusader Bible, one of the greatest
>manuscripts produced in France in the 13th century. At the moment, the book
>is dis-bound, presenting the unique experience of seeing all the pages of
>the book at once. The book recounts biblical history in sumptuous color and
>vivid detail, accurately portraying life, love, and death in the Middle
>Ages.

Ooh! Ooh! The Macejiewski Bible! (AKA _Old Testament Miniatures_) Most
useful for all sorts of things! Clothes, objects, cooking utensils,
pavilions, tablesettings, animals... you name it, there's a picture of it!

Geez. Wish I could come out and see it...

'Lainie