[Sca-cooks] Re: making cheese at events

Barbara Shelanskey tatjanatiger at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 11 10:51:44 PDT 2002

---------Original Message----------
IIRC, the approximate proportions are 1/3c. vinegar to one gallon milk --
but I strongly urge you to experiment BEFORE the event.  DISCLAIMER: I have
*not* done this myself yet, as my lady has an aversion to / revulsion for
any amount of vinegar or vinegar-like taste ...

I've had good luck using lemon juice instead of vinegar.  About the same
proportions, though I can't give an exact amount... I just added until it
worked right.  ;-)

I've made several soft cheeses this way, although not yet at an event.  I've
then used the cheese for a variety of dishes including a wonderful Russian
sweet cheese!

Mir,
Tatjana