[Sca-cooks] QUESTION ABOUT MACE

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Sun Oct 13 16:05:28 PDT 2002

Clear DayI made a Regency recipe for Shabbat, last. It was chicken friccase. It called for mace, which I had.  As I'm sure y'all know, the mace was in (almost) little sheets, not being ground mace. I tried to crumble it up as best I could but aparently I didn't do such a good job because some of the mouthfulls of friccase tasted VERY stongly of mace.

How do people on list crumble up their mace? Do you grind it? grate it or what?

Many thanks!
Phillipa
--
[ Clear Day Bkgrd.JPG of type image/jpeg deleted ]