[Sca-cooks] Lid shop

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Oct 14 07:49:23 PDT 2002

Why not do it over the internet? They have china matching companies that go
to auctions and wherever and buy up old common and uncommon pieces and
people pay to fill in that missing single piece [or whole bunches of
pieces...]

You could offer the bottoms as well, as many ppeople loose the bottoms as
well.

I love the idea for the 24 hour laundrette/bookstore/coffee house/internet
cafe.

Imagine, you could get a cable tv feed, and a dvd player, have a small area
for tv watchers with comfy furniture, an area with some computers, and a
newsstand with magazines, books, candy, and a coffee barista area in the
center. And of course laundry machines. Make sure to get one of those
industrial laundry spinners to whiz out the water better - it makes stuff
dry faster.

You know, the more I think about it, the better I like the idea. I could see
moving to a medium small city, with a decent cultural life like Scottsdale
and making a decent living with one of these. You could get specific
computer equipment with the floppy and cd disabled or not there so it is
just an internet appliance with print to the central printer for a fee.

margali
hmm, an internet cafe for the rock?

the quote starts ehre:
I would get new lids from the manufacturers, and also troll the op shops et=
c for second-hand lids. I reckon it would work as a business, but sadly not=
 here where I live.  In a big city maybe.

... along with my other idea, the 24hr cafe/bookshop/laundromat.

Kiriel