[Sca-cooks] OT question, sorta

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Oct 14 22:06:29 PDT 2002

Hi, gang.  I know that there are a bunch of folk on this list who are
very knowledgeable about all kinds of things, and I'd like to pick your
brains for a third party, who is not on this list.
I'm looking for information/sources regarding sca-period muslim/islamic
courts...ack! Let me rephrase that: information regarding the
courts/court practices, etc. used by Muslim/Islamic rulers and princes
during our sca-period. Artemisia's newest Crown Prince is interested in
having such a court when he becomes king, as his persona is from
Damascus (roughly the centuries when most of the crusades were
happening--nothing more specific).
Yes, of course, Stefan, I'll check the flori-thingie <g>.
Any information, books, sites, etc. that you could pass on to me would
be most appreciated!
Thanks,
Maire (now returning you to your regularly scheduled Monday evenings)