[Sca-cooks] Rhetoric and alternative beauty

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Tue Oct 15 06:26:47 PDT 2002

Well, Stefan

WHat you could do is have somebody write an article and go through the text
of the website oops by oops and give a reason why it is wrong, and the
source [one only preferrably] from period on why it is wrong.

That's what I did in my letter to the Frugal Idiot. I took 3 ancient
cuisines, and a stack of reference books that I got out of the public
library, and out of bookstores. Nothing that anybody would have trouble
finding. I ended up with a 22 page letter with every fact that was wrong,
and a 2 to 4 line + 1 reference work cite as to why it was wrong. Sent it to
him care of his editor. I was very polite about it as well. Never got any
response. I still have all of his books up until that point [mom had given
them to me for different presents over the years.] Occaionally I still use
the recipes - like the one for the chicken/avocado terrine. Great way to use
up leftover chicken! He just can't research for gestunk [or hire competent
researchers.]
margali

no quote, we all know what we are discussing;-)