[Sca-cooks] Driving times

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Oct 16 10:37:01 PDT 2002

I really think it depends on the value of the event to you, as to how far
you're willing to drive. When I lived in the MK, there were very few events
in a less than two hour drive from where I lived, and those tended to be
done by our local groups. Many of those closest to me I didn't attend,
simply because there was nothing interesting about that event to me. OTOH, I
cheerfully drove 14 hours over to EK Crown, for a chance to work in
Adamantius' kitchen, and about 6 hrs to help Iasmine with MK Coronation. I
also had a couple of events that I really liked attending in the Dayton
area- about 4 hours away.

Johan and Kim drove 12 hours from Ohio to attend the Metal Smith's
Symposium. I drove a couple hours (originally) to cook with Avraham, in New
York. OTOH, the only reason I went to the Simple Faire event was because it
was only half an hour away, or so- I probably wouldn't have gone if it had
been a greater distance- not because there was anything wrong with the
event, but because it didn't have anything special of interest to me.

So, I'd say that it really depends on what the event offers you.

Phlip

Never a horse that cain't be rode,