[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #2614 - 12 msgs

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Thu Oct 17 12:03:29 PDT 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:00:31 -0500 sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org
writes:
> Message: 11
> From: "Generys ferch Ednuyed" <generys at blazemail.com>
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] Never ever work with a renn faire...

>SO... does anyone have any
> ideas of a
> starch type dish that's both something cheap and something that the
> average
> *modern* person will eat?  <sigh... i hope this is worth what I'm
> getting
> paid>

    What a brave soul you are!  Macrows or loseyns (both in *Forme of
Cury*) are variants of noodles layered with cheese (and if you go with
the loseyns recipe the name won't be reminiscent in sound of Mac and
cheese).  Also various versions of frumenty (as in *Ancient Cookery*)
which is a cracked wheat pilaf.

    Elizabeth