[Sca-cooks] Johannesburg Torte was researching recipes

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 17 22:32:36 PDT 2002

Just as an opinion, the proportions of the dough mixture are way off
compared to the late period recipes I have.   It more closely resembles some
cake recipes from the 19th Century.

I think I would also compare the recipe to those in La Varenne's The French
Pastry Chef (La Pastissier Francois) first published in 1563.

Bear

>Ok- here is the receipe.  I am currently translating portions of Rumpolt's
Ein
>Neu Kochbuch to try to find a similar recipe. 2 down, about 60 to go...
Good
>practice for my german though.
>also, if anyone knows a good source for Currants, I would love to hear it.
>have to get mine from Canada :P
>
>Currant Torte
<recipe clipped>