[Sca-cooks] Johannesburg Torte was researching recipes

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Oct 18 05:34:44 PDT 2002

La Varenne is mid-17th. I think you reversed the 5 and 6 in the date.
The new English edition of The French Cook is worth having if people
want the first reprint in 350 plus years. It was "Englished" originally
in 1653. The Hymans are said to be working on a new La Varenne book by
the way.

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis