[Sca-cooks] funeral news- OOP-sorta OT

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Oct 19 15:48:53 PDT 2002

It's not my fault- really! A friend on ChaucerNet sent this to me, I think
in retaliation for a bad pun I made last week...

======================
The Pillsbury Dough Boy died early today of a yeast infection and
complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was only 71. Dough Boy
was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to
pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, Betty Crocker,
the Hostess Twinkies and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with
flours, as long-time friend Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy, describing
Dough Boy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Dough Boy rose
quickly in show business but his later life was filled with turnovers. He
was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on
half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he even still, as
a crusty old man, was considered a roll model for millions. Toward the end
it was thought that he would rise again, but alas, he was no tart. Dough Boy
is survived by his wife, Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane
Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly
father, Pop Tart. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

running for the Rock- Margali, hold the door open for me!

'Lainie