[Sca-cooks] KWBards and Cooks

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Oct 21 07:54:16 PDT 2002

Some of us on the list actually presented papers or sessions at the
Known World Bardic Congress & Cook's Collegium in Ealdormere on the
weekend of 11-13th October. I left after the first day, so I waited to
talk about the sessions until I heard back from some of the others in
attendance.
Eventually---
What I heard was Gwen Cat came back ill and was in her own words "sick
of Dayquil, Nyquil and sneezing, but on the mend"
and  Lady Katherine Rowberd (mka Kirrily "Skud" Robert) who announced
that "I came home sick too." So one of us have published a
report...until now:

I taught on Elizabethan cookbooks and managed to give the session
without the use of transparencies when the overhead failed to show up.
It was not what I intended but people seemed overwhelmed anyway. Gwencat
offered people either recipe a or recipe b and actually expected people
to cook at her session and Kirrily did table manners on Sunday and Songs
on Saturday. I don't know what else to say, other than that the three of
us went, had a
good time, learned some stuff and would go again. The event is about
4/5's bards and 1/5 cooks; the proceedings were massive.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway