[Sca-cooks] Cheesy Question

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 21 15:37:03 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I am preparing for a food event in Feb. and I was considering making some
cheese (never did it before) and I wanted to make aged cheese, not soft
(because I am starting so far ahead).
SO, I just spent the last hour or so reading through the Florithingie
sections on cheese-making. There was bunches & bunches of good info in
there, but a complete lack of any period transcriptions to work from.

Many people made the comments that there are period recepits in books and
then named authors but that is not so good for us pool schmucks that cannot
get their grubby little paws on the good stuff. I did a Abe book serach on
the Torquato Tasso book but I cannot swing the $50 just now.

SO, if at all possible could some of the Cheese Heads out there point me in
the right direction for possible transcriptions that might live on the net?
Or anyone with the books got some period transcriptions handy that they
could put up here?

Great thanks and Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva