[Sca-cooks] Cheesy Question

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Oct 22 06:26:52 PDT 2002

Ask your library to interlibrary loan the Tasso volume.
ISBN: 90-221-0765-5

Also take a look at The English Housewife which they should also be able
to interlibrary loan.ISBN: 0-7735-0582-2

I used to interlibrary loan upwards of 400 volumes per year when I
couldn't afford books and was just starting out. I worked my way through
hundreds of pages of bibliographies. It takes time and persistence, but
it can be done.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Barbara Benson wrote:
> I am preparing for a food event in Feb. and I was considering making some
> cheese (never did it before) and I wanted to make aged cheese, not soft
>snipped
> Many people made the comments that there are period recepits in books and
> then named authors but that is not so good for us pool schmucks that cannot
> get their grubby little paws on the good stuff. I did a Abe book serach on
> the Torquato Tasso book but I cannot swing the $50 just now.
> > SO, if at all possible could some of the Cheese Heads out there point me in
> the right direction for possible transcriptions that might live on the net?
> Or anyone with the books got some period transcriptions handy that they could put up here?
 Serena da Riva