[Sca-cooks] Re: nasty-tasting thermos - OOP

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Mon Oct 28 07:51:05 PST 2002

Well, this IS related to food...

I often take along a thermos or two of coffee to events, since I tend to get
caffeine-deprivation migraines (no fun!)  I've used and broken many standard
vaccuum-bottles, and then got two steel ones, which bounce rather than
shatter.  I always rinse them out and soak with baking soda and rinse very
well again after use.

Recently, however, I've found that the coffee develops a really nasty taste
after being in the thermos a couple of hours.  Sharp, acrid...  I have been
extra careful about rinsing out the baking soda, and I never use regular
soap.

Has anyone any suggestions for curing this problem, or should I just throw
them out and buy new ones?  The remaining glass-bottle thermos doesn't seem
to have this tendency.

Thanks for your advice.
Devra the perplexed

Devra Langsam