[Sca-cooks] Drakey's latest accident story...

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Oct 30 13:51:13 PST 2002

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> --- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:
>
> > 'Lainie
> > why green? why not a tasteful color like
> > orange? ;-D)
>
> Because green belts are the symbols of Laurel
> apprentices. Yellow is for Pelican proteges.
> Red is for squires.

Please to note, NONE of these is SCA law by any means.  White belts for
Knights are reserved by the College of Arms, but the associate belt
colors are mere "tradition."

I've seen "belt collectors" who have sworn to a peer of each type.  They
look like a flippin' traffic signal.  Personally, I think it ill done to
attempt to serve more than one master, but that's my opinion only, yours
may vary.

Um, on-topic content, er... my protege's belt was made my me when I
became a protegee, one of my very first leatherworking projects and YES
I got golden-dyed hands while I was making it.  [singing,
Gollllld-Finger! o/ o/]  I have added my own arms to my mistress' and
it's kept by my own protege in a safe place now.  For regular wear, he
wears a golden-yellow fabric sash, and for heavy lifting and/or
fighting, I've made him a big kidney-belt, emblazoned with my personal
badge and a humorous motto.  ["How am I serving?  Call 800-SELENE"]
Aforementioned protege is Æduin on this list, which makes it on topic I
guess.  He has professional chef training, and I'm learning a fair
amount from him.  I've got the period cooking background and book
resources.  It's a tradeoff.

Selene Colfox, OP