[Sca-cooks] Scully, et al

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Oct 30 14:24:39 PST 2002

Ok, heard back from her.

The conference is April 3-5, at Penn State University Park, sponsored by
the Center for Medieval studies. I don't have cost info or anything, but
the posters/flyers are going out about it in January.

This is what Vickie Ziegler, the organizer, said about the presenters:

"We're in the process of putting together our poster, but I can give you a
little information about the speakers, who include PRof. Murray-Jones,
Kings College, Cambridge, [plants in medieval medical mss], Mark Horton,
University of Bristol, on the archaeology of monastic gardens, M.
Stokstead, art history, Kansas, noted expert on med. gardens in art, on
the alchemists' garden, Terence Scully on medicinal plants that the cook
used[Wilfred Laurier U.,   has written books on medieval food] , Walton
Shalick, MD, U of Washington, medicinal plants in FRench academic medicine
of 13 century, Alain Tourwaide on medieval Arabic plant medicine, and
others."

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
"I used to be one of them. Now I rather think I'm one of me." -- Terry
Prachett, _Thief of Time_