[Sca-cooks] RE: Rat recipes

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Oct 1 03:00:35 PDT 2002

Also sprach Christina Nevin:
>Can't say off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure the cookbook "Lobster
>and lacrousse" (? someone help me out here) has a recipe in there. It's at
>home so I can't tell you definitively. The cookbook is based on a set of
>Napoleonic sea-war books I haven't read, but it's well worth getting and
>very entertaining.

[Of course] I can't find it right now, but could that be "Loubscouse
and Spotted Dog"?

Now, I was thinking that the original request was for an actual
_rat-on-a-stick_ recipe, rather than an _actual rat_ -on-a-stick
recipe. In other words, a recipe for the illusion food, suitable for
sale as a fundraiser. Now, while some of the people on this list
might very well buy a real rat dish, I don't know how well it would
go over with the general public in some parts of the world. ;-)

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER