[Sca-cooks] TIMTAM

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Oct 2 17:44:05 PDT 2002

> Uh, actually they're more like this:
> http://www.arnotts.com.au/Biscuits/OurBiscuitsP.asp?BID=79#
>
> According to the website (found the reference in an old discussion
about
> timtams), the "timtam suck" is achieved by biting off 2 diagonal
corner
> from the cookie,

What the?  It's not the way I was taught.  I bite the very ends off
completely and suck from one end and loop out my tongue to catch the
sodden mess before it crumbles into the coffee.  I cannot see the
diffusion rate on the diagonals cuts only being strong enough to soften
the Tim Tam in one suck unless you did it REALLY, REALLY hard.  I'll
just have to buy some Tim Tams tonight for a controlled experiment :)

inserting one into the liquid of your choice, and
> sucking hard on the other cut-corner, and sucking hard to move the
> liquid through the cookie before the whole thing disintegrates.

It's a case of brinkmanship.  Getting you Tim Tam as soft as possible
without actually losing it into your coffee.  A dexterous tongue like
mine is a definite advantage here to scoop up the Tim-Tam before it
crumbles.

OK:  So I have so far:

Anahita:	Tim Tams, BBQ Shapes, and Musk Lollies,
Kirily: 	BBQ Shapes,
Olwen:	Tim Tams (I pkt) - What flavours,
Maire:	Tim Tams

I'll think that'll do for now...  Can I privately have postal addresses
please...

> They
> also state, and I quote: "Don't attempt this with very hot liquid, or
in
> front of someone you're trying to impress."

And don't agree to do it unless everyone else is doing it.  Kind of like
the Drakey's Mr Machismo story...  But your not getting that story out
of me no matter how hard I'm tortured...

> I'm now stuck with this
> image of Drakey trying to do something like this with hot coffee on
his
> road trip to his laurelling....oy!

Gees thanks...

Drakey.