[Sca-cooks] TIMTAM

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Wed Oct 2 18:21:54 PDT 2002

Drakey wrote:
> What the?  It's not the way I was taught.  I bite the very ends off
> completely and suck from one end and loop out my tongue to catch the
> sodden mess before it crumbles into the coffee.  I cannot see the
> diffusion rate on the diagonals cuts only being strong enough to soften
> the Tim Tam in one suck unless you did it REALLY, REALLY hard.  I'll
> just have to buy some Tim Tams tonight for a controlled experiment :)

Ah, but the ability to suck hard enough to draw liquid through a
merely-nibbled timtam is considered quite the skill to have in some
circles.

> OK:  So I have so far:
>
> Anahita:	Tim Tams, BBQ Shapes, and Musk Lollies,
> Kirily: 	BBQ Shapes,
> Olwen:	Tim Tams (I pkt) - What flavours,
> Maire:	Tim Tams
>
> I'll think that'll do for now...  Can I privately have postal addresses
> please...

Kiriel's already offered to send me a care package, including that white
cotton bias tape from Lincraft which you just can't get here.  Then of
course there is the stuff that I probably can't expect in a care package
for various reasons:

- Bornhoffen yoghurt (apricot flavour)
- that olive oil brand of mayonaisse (in fact, any Australian mayo ...
  the stuff here has no bite)
- King Island dairy.  The whole damn dairy.
- good, cheap lamb
- chicken sausages (any of the good deli brand ones)
- bacon that has that round meaty bit still attached
- Australian port
- Australian wine that isn't bloody Wolf bloody Blass, or woefully
  overpriced cheap-and-nasty Rosemount plonk
- Banrock Station 2L cask wine (best 2L pillow of death around, IMO)

Hell, just send me the food section of a reasonably well stocked
inner suburban Australian shopping centre.  I can't get over the fact
that shopping centres here don't have food shops (butchers, grocers,
delis, bakeries) inside them ... I have to go miles and miles out of my
way to find such things, rather than them being right next to where I
buy my staple foods most weeks.

Yours,

Katherine

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/