[Sca-cooks] TIMTAM

Bonne de Traquair oftraquair at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 3 08:13:02 PDT 2002

Seems like I have seen a brand of mayo in the US that was olive oil based.  Not a regular grocery store brand, but a brand you'd find in a 'Wild Oats' or 'Whole Foods' grocery.  Maybe even Trader Joe's.  I shall be on the look out for it when shopping this weeked and let you know.
I like the new fad of flavored mayo's.  Trader Joe's already had garlic enhanced mayo, and the one near me is now carrying wasabi-enhanced.  Yum!  (My hot and spicy interests are leaning toward the horseradish and mustard arena's lately.  Chili's and peppers are getting boring and even irritating.  Perhaps I have overindulged in capsacin over the last few years.)
Plain old Hellman's/Best Foods mayo also has flavored kinds now, haven't read the labels/tasted them yet.
Bonne
 Kirrily Robert wrote:- that olive oil brand of mayonaisse (in fact, any Australian mayo ...
the stuff here has no bite)