[Sca-cooks] TIMTAM

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Oct 3 06:11:10 PDT 2002

Also sprach Signora Apollonia Margherita degli Albizzi:
>It could be...Kinda like getting the starburst out of the wrapper with only
>your tongue...
>
>Apollonia, who has been known to do the starburst thing...

It took me a while to spot the point of the recent Starburst ad, with
the lady (at a bar, as I recall) putting the wrapped Starburst in her
mouth and fastidiously removing the neatly-unfolded wrapper, because
I couldn't see clearly what it was the man next to her removes from
his mouth. If you don't look carefully, it looks like a crumpled-up
wad of wrapper, which I suppose could be seen as simply funny, but
upon more careful viewing of the ad (as in, "What the H*LL is the
point of this, anyway???") I realize he is in fact removing an
origami swan...

Adamantius, who always made this point quite adequately by simply
whistling one of Mozart's more difficult passages
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER