[Sca-cooks] Chew your food...

Bonne de Traquair oftraquair at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 3 08:29:28 PDT 2002

 "Pixel, Goddess and Queen"
wrote:
Maybe the medieval practice of reducing everything to mush isn't totally
off-base after all.

Margaret

Nor the 19th century food faddists who recommended chewing food so long you'd die of boredom. I think the advice was to chew each mouthful 50 or 60 times.  Maybe they took bigger bites, but when I tried this (during my preadolescent Victorian novel phase) the food disappeared long before I'd chewed enough.

Bonne