[Sca-cooks] Hello! and questions...

Jim and Andi icbhod at comcast.net
Mon Oct 7 09:55:04 PDT 2002

Anahita, that would be a great help. Let me specify, though. The meatballs
were baked in an oven per the recipe and came out cracked. I made the
endoring paste very thick, thicker than elmer's glue, with egg yolks, bread
flour and saffron threads I powdered in a mortar with a tiny amount of sugar
(this helps in grinding to a powder). I got the endoring to stick well and
pretty evenly and it was a very bright yellow, but they had an unpleasantly
strong saffron smell. I'll definitely use less saffron! But the effect I was
going after was crabapple-sized meatballs... can you ask her why she chose
to make the meatballs so small? Please feel free to give your friend my
email address if you don't want to forward mails back and forth...
icbhod at comcast.net.

Thank you again and profusely,
Madhavi