[Sca-cooks] Hello! and questions...

Bonne de Traquair oftraquair at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 11:12:28 PDT 2002

Not having "To the Queen's Taste", or the original recipe to hand, please tell me at what point are you trying to endore the meatballs?  If the endoring liquid contains egg, I would cook the meatballs to just done (hardly any browning) well drain and dry any grease or liquid from them, and then paint the endoring liquid on, or dip the meatballs in.  The heat of the meatball should set the eggs and bind them to the meatballs. At least that's how I'm picturing it, my apologies if this idea is all out of line with the original or the 'Queen's Taste' version of the recipe.

Bonne

To The Queen's Taste, To Make Green and Golden Apples- I expected this
recipe to make pretty round meatballs that I could endore and they would
make a pretty conceit. I was even planning on getting little apple stems
with leaves from a friend's apple trees and painting them gold to further
the effect! But instead the pretty round meatballs I expected were ugly
cracked misshapen things. And to get the endoring paste yellow enough and
thick enough to stick sufficiently resulted in an overpowering saffron smell
that everyone who ate it (I had 6 testers!) found unpleasant, but everyone