[Sca-cooks] Roman recipes (pre-period? On topic :-p)

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Oct 7 17:58:27 PDT 2002

Some of Palladius' works are on the web already.
See: http://palladius.canadianwebs.com/
De Re Rustica can be also purchased for as little as
18.95  De Re Rustica
     ISBN: 0674994485 - Hardcover - List Price: $18.95
     Author: Columella
     Translated by: E. S. Forster

There is an edition Palladius: De l'agriculture. Traité d'agronomie
antique by M Nisard
 A new edition of the 1864 translation of Palladius' De la rustica by M
Nisard into French. The
treatise is one of many agricultural texts that were so popular among
Latin authors and poets,
such as Virgil, Cato and Pliny, but it is the only surviving example
from Late Antiquity. Written
towards the end of the 5th century, Palladius writes plainly and
practically, dividing his study by
months, which no doubt reflected the difficulties facing Italian farmers
at the time. 125p (Errance
1999) OxBow ISBN 2877721809. Paperback. Price US $24.95

Any good classic library will have editions.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

Susan Laing wrote:snipped