[Sca-cooks] Hello! and questions...

Shannon Malone thegoatinthegarden at lycos.com
Tue Oct 8 07:07:21 PDT 2002

--

On Mon,  7 Oct 2002 16:11:41
 maredudd wrote:
>Quoting Jim and Andi <icbhod at comcast.net>:
>
><snip>
>>
>> To The Queen's Taste, To Make Green and Golden Apples- I expected this
>> recipe to make pretty round meatballs that I could endore and they would
>> make a pretty conceit. I was even planning on getting little apple stems
>> with leaves from a friend's apple trees and painting them gold to further
>> the effect! But instead the pretty round meatballs I expected were ugly
>> cracked misshapen things.

Your oven may have been too hot so that the outsides of the meatballs were cooked and dry while the insides were still coolish and expanding while they heated and cooked.  Try cooking them in a slower oven and baste them if they look to be getting dry.  Just be sure not to baste at the end so the balls can dry out before you try to endore them.

I hope this helps.

Meadhbh
shannon at thegoatinthegarden.com