[Sca-cooks] Roman recipes (pre-period? On topic :-p)

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 8 07:55:03 PDT 2002

Yes, they are. Same as ceci, too... just different languages. What you
call them tends to depend on whether you first encountered them in
Mexican or Middle Eastern or Italian cooking.

And I've never seen them fresh, or green, either... though one presumes
such things must exist?  And that was my first reaction reading the
recipe, too. How about someone making a note of the recipe, growing them
next spring, cooking this next - what, probably August? Me? No, I don't
have a garden, will have to be someone else...

The other Anne
Who knew there would have to be another Anne on this list, one of these
days...   OK, I promise, I'm working on a persona, and it is starting to
look as if it might not be named Anne, which I had always thought I
would use...