[Sca-cooks] Roman recipes (pre-period? On topic :-p)

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Oct 8 08:56:29 PDT 2002

Also sprach Shannon Malone:
>Has anyone seen seed offered anywhere?  I will grow them but I
>haven't seen seed in any of the catalogues I've looked at.
>
>Meadhbh/Shannon Malone

Umm. Forgive me, this is gonna sound weird, but it may simply be that
it's not worth it to sell them from seed in little envelopes when any
supermarket sells them... most of the dried ones will sprout quite
nicely. Of course, there may be different varieties, and this is
something that's harder to control under those conditions, but if
it's simply a matter of getting some chick peas to sprout and grow,
you can get a one-pound bag from Goya, Jack Rabbit, and any of
several other brands.

Adamantius, remembering the Lima beans in the first grade or so...
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER