[Sca-cooks] pizza OOP

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Oct 9 12:46:34 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Olwen the Odd" <olwentheodd at hotmail.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 11:17 AM
Subject: [Sca-cooks] pizza OOP

> OK, Here are my Wednesday stupid questions:
> anyone know if all pizza has a layer of grease on top?
> does pepperoni change colour much or at all when cooked?
> is the cheese always cheese colour or does it sometimes get burn
spots?
> does glyceryn take colouring?
> how much glyceryn is too much?
>
> I know in the end I shall have to come uncomfortably close to the
real
> thing, but for now I prefer to keep my distance.

Don't know 'bout no glycerin, but I do know that Pepperoni gets a bit
darker, and sometimes crispy in the edges;  not all pizza has grease
pool in it - depends on fat level in the meat and precooking of same;
cheese gets a little paler and sometimes gets golden sreaks on it not
unlike the top of a gratin can get (though I know that is breeadcrumb).
Maybe mushrooms would be simpler to approximate in Marzipan, and less
appaling to handle?

niccolo difrancesco