[Sca-cooks] Re:Plat was Period Cheese recipe

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Oct 9 19:25:51 PDT 2002

Actually the first edition is STC 19977.7 which is a 1600 edition that
isn't available on film or EEBO. It's a "Date of publication conjectured
by STC" and is held by the British Library. Then there is a 1602 and
then the 1603. Both the 1602 and 1603 editions are filmed and also up on
EEBO, so they do exist.
 Everyone tends to cite the 1609 because that is the one that the
Fussells edited and made available in 1948 and again in the 1950's. I
just got a new facsimile of the rare 1628 edition that was listed in PPC
70 earlier this week.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway