[Sca-cooks] pizza OOP

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 06:29:58 PDT 2002

>Hmmph!
>  Here I was Sitting here, getting hungry, and regretting my choice to go
>on
>a low carb diet right now...
>
>( Seriously, Olwen, dearie, is there some physiological reason why Pizza
>would make you want to Hurl?
>...Not that I am prying, just curious.
>If you dont want to say,  that alright with me.
>I just never heard of that reaction, even in my Vegan friends )
>
>Brandu

I suppose it is two fold.  One is the artist in me.  If it is not attractive
I find it very difficult to consider it for eating.  IMO food and meals
should look appealing.  Colour, texture, size, etc should all lend
themselves to that end.  You should understand that at home I seldom ever
buy or eat prepackaged or frozen dinner type items.  I cook from scratch
every night, be it a steak or a roast, potatoes done one way or other, rice
or if I make noodles to prepare, fresh veggies or fruit, etc.  Yes.  I live
alone.  No, by and large I don't eat leftovers as I do not know what to do
with most of them.  Crazy?  yup.  I suppose the other aspect of pizza is the
grease (which also is a big contributor to the ugly part).  I simply find it
totally unappealling for food to slide down my throat in a wash of grease,
which leads to the gag reflex.  I have eaten pizza.  I have gagged on the
kinds one purchases from the takeout places, I have tasted the frozen types
which somehow aren't as greasy and I have actually enjoyed pizza homemade
with attractively arranged fruits or veggies and not a layer of grease.
Well...remember, they don't call me odd for no reason.
Olwen