[Sca-cooks] Caviar

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Thu Oct 10 13:46:58 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org>
> :-D)
> There seems to be a lot of foods like that, aren't there? Who ever
got the
> idea to eat oysters- raw? They don't even look like food to me, they
look
> like rocks. But otters eat them, sooo...

Right there is the most likely answer.  So many foods we cannot figure
out why they are eaten are food products eaten by wild animals.  We
learn by example now, so I think it is more than likely that an ancient
man hungry and fooldess will follow another critter's lead.  (fish eggs,
raw fish, shellfish, crustaceans, insects, strange fruits, etc.)

niccolo difrancesco