[Sca-cooks] Fun and ignorance - The Response

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Oct 11 17:46:23 PDT 2002

At 08:34 PM 10/11/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Gee, I just love catching Hel for something I had no hand in. Perhaps, good
>gentles, this might be an excellent reason to avoid sending our postings to
>outsiders, when they're as critical as these were?
>
>In the meantime, I spot a challenge here. I'm irritated- anybody want to go
>for a point by point refuttal of the person's claims, with references to
>specific documents? Might be good discipline, to put our documentation where
>our mouths are.
>
>Phlip

You know, it does occur to me that we did not see Apollonia's letter to the
editor. Perhaps it was not as, er, well-presented as it could have been?
Mind you, I know damn well that some people would have responded that way
if the King of Academics wrote them (Heh- there's a challenge for Norman
Hinton! ;-), but it could be that it would be useful to vett a letter of
that nature past the list.

I will admit that I am sorely tempted to add my two cents now- while I
don't have a doctorate, I do have a degree, and I could put up sources...
though I don't think that is what this person is interested in.

Hildegarde of Bingen would be horrified.

'Lainie