[Sca-cooks] Re: 1250

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 11 23:12:05 PDT 2002

I was working from memory.

Checking the quick ref (which does not list Anthimus), Theodoric should be
Theodoric the Great, 454? - 526, who was the King of the Eastern Goths
(Ostrogoths) 474 - 526.  At the time, the Ostrogoths lived in the region of
modern Hungary and raided into the Byzantine Empire.

Zeno was the Eastern Emperor from 474 to 491.  He negotiated a peace with
the Ostrogoths, making Theodoric a consul in the process.  In 488, he sent
the Ostrogoths into Italy where they created the Ostrogothic Kingdom of
Italy which came under the rule of the Empire in 552(?).

The King of the (Salian) Franks at this time was Childeric, who was
succeeded by his son Clovis in 481.

Bear