[Sca-cooks] Need Advice!

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 13 18:30:22 PDT 2002

Norman had Holschues Hardware store for over fifty years.  It finally went
under in the late 80's.  It was the place you could get lid, covers and
componemts for cookware and appliances no longer made.  It was the farmer's
hardware and carried a full range of items for their patrons.

Unfortunately. Norman has been growing more suburban with each year and
Holschues market  was squeezed out between urban sprawl and Home Depot,
Payless Cashways, etc.

Bear

I once had a scathingly brilliant idea.  I thought I should open a lid shop.
The shop would sell nothing but lids for Tupperware, Corningware, and all
your favourite pots and pans. Everyone I know has a pot or container that is
SO useful, but has lost its lid.

I would get new lids from the manufacturers, and also troll the op shops etc
for second-hand lids. I reckon it would work as a business, but sadly not
here where I live.  In a big city maybe.

... along with my other idea, the 24hr cafe/bookshop/laundromat.

Kiriel