[Sca-cooks] Hildegard's songs was Fun and ignorance

dseguin dseguin at directvinternet.com
Tue Oct 15 05:36:28 PDT 2002

On the garmana records.   Actually I have several, including the one where
they do nothing but songs written by hildegard von bingen in the original
latin.  Actually the melodies are period.  The group was recommended to me
by Mistress Brynhildr who is mundanely a professor of germanic studies.  Her
laurel was for viking culture and her speciality is linguistics and music
from the time period.  I say that because if anybody but her had recommended
it, I would have had strong doubts.  It's just sounds insane.

The album with the Hildegard songs on it is called "Hildegard" by garmana
and it's a hoot.   Imagine a swedish rock group singing twelth century latin
to a techno accompanienment.  Also, quite a bit of their stuff is period,
even down to the melodies.  Although it's in swedish, they do have the
english translations.

Bersi Ormstunga
Aka Pubear of Bjornsborg
Apprentice to Mistress Clarissa Di Firenze

No matter where you go there you are...