[Sca-cooks] muslim/islamic courts

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Oct 15 09:04:53 PDT 2002

> Because it was wrong to have two courts segregated by gender,
> apparently, and would set horrible precedents. People reacted as if TSH
> were encouraging bestiality on stage. Welcome to the northern
> Plains/Midwest, where everything must be equal all the time for everyone,
> lest someone be offended. You can just imagine the problems we have with
> the concepts of royalty, peerage, etc.... ;-)

One year, Eastern Court at Pennsic was Japanese. It caused horrible
controversy, even though it wasn't very good Japanese. You can imagine:
a bunch of Japanese personas were offended, the European-only crowd was
offended, and people got so mixed up trying to do the right thing at the
right time that someone who had been brought to court for an award was
overlooked for the second time. Not many people went home happy from that
one!

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
"I used to be one of them. Now I rather think I'm one of me." -- Terry
Prachett, _Thief of Time_