[Sca-cooks] muslim/islamic courts

Jim and Andi icbhod at comcast.net
Tue Oct 15 09:30:45 PDT 2002

I *love* the idea of separate courts for men and women... that would be fun
for 6 months!

Mairie- You can split the Middle Eastern world into big chunks after the
12th century for research purposes. If you can ask the person to decide on
an Empire, then that will help a great deal. For instance; he could choose
Timurid Persian which covers 14th through 1520 Persia and you can
temporarily join sca-persia yahoo group list to get more information.
There's also Ilkhanid, Mamluk, Black Sheep Turcoman, Safavid Persia, Ottoman
Turk, etc, etc. Another place you can try is join the Al-Jisr list serve (go
to the web and search al-Jisr, I don';t have the address any more) that list
is all about the Middle East.

Hope this helps!
Madhavi
apprentice to Mistress Maysun al-Rasheeqa