[Sca-cooks] OOP: Bakin' Bacon

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Oct 15 18:40:42 PDT 2002

Anahita

> OK, i don't mean to bore everyone, but i'm on the Atkins Diet again.
> I love bacon, and this is a great excuse to eat it.
>
> In restaurants, i know they don't "fry" it in a pan on the stove, but
> cook it in the oven...
>
> So, what's the secret of doing this?

No real big secret to it. You take the bacon, separate it out into
individual slices, and lay it out on either a shallow baking pan, if you
want more fat, or a griddle/grill/screen type of thing (small mesh, so it
doesn't fall between the bars) over a pan and cook it. My default is 350,
but you can easily go 450. I do suggest, however, that you cover it with a
porous screen- type thing if you don't want grease spattering all over your
oven.

Phlip