[Sca-cooks] Need new name for DayBoard

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 15 21:06:31 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I am going to be in charge of food for one of our upcoming Baronial events
and it is my first time with a "DayBoard". My problem is that it is not what
I have come to percieve as a "Dayboard". It is for a single day event and we
will be serving food throughout the day.

In the morning we will have out morning type foods morphing into more savory
foods with a bulking up at lunchtime and then snackies until an additional
bulking up at dinner time finishing up with sweets for revel. So it is more
of an all day "grazing" type situation.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I could call it
other than a "DayBoard"  The thing that made me think of this was Helewyse's
post of her Yule Tide menu that featured nifty names for the courses - I
particularly like Servito di Credenza. Sounds like a good sub for DayBoard -
what say you all?

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva

ps: It doesn't really matter if this type of service has any parallel in
period, it is what the lady in charge wants & what I have agreed to give
her.