[Sca-cooks] camping events, was Dayboards?

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Oct 16 07:45:29 PDT 2002

most of the one day events are held in whatever indoor facilities we can
find... often they are Church feast halls. or something...
camping events ? well i think Kingdom Crusades was one of the last
ones...... and a LOT of folks didnt camp, just day tripped.
East Kingdom may not be the coldest kingdom, but i think our weather is the
least predictable, and the most variable.... you can get 80 degrees one day,
and 50 the next with drenching rains......... makes packing for camping
kinda a challange.

also, when you have so many folks day tripping to events, i think it makes
it hard to plan for "breakfast" or "lunch" and makes it easier to just put
out a dayboard spread and leave the planning for the feasts at dinner.
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."