[Sca-cooks] Driving times

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Oct 16 12:23:05 PDT 2002

Selene skrev:

> I didn't go to Twelfth Night
> in Starkhafn last year though;  the drive was long and the banquet was
catered,
> so as Phlip says, there was not much to offer me that time.

Well, I seem to be getting pretty picky about what events I attend. At
Simple Faire, there was fighting and shopping and eventually feast (tasty,
but not particularly period). That seems pretty much to be the way of things
over here, unless it's a Collegium or a Royal Progress, and if I show up at
an RP, it's incidental to the event having something that interests me.
Usually at RPs, thuings get pretty stuffy and formal, in my experience. I
also don't have a lot of people over this way that I know (though I'm
working on that ;-) so hanging out with my friends isn't much of an option.

I think that's why I'm interested in getting a portable forge up and
running, to take to events. Doesn't matter how bored or boring the rest of
the event is, I can be busy entertaining myself and perhaps a few others-
after all, this ain't a Rrenn Faire- events are as interesting as the people
attending them want to make them ;-)

With that in mind, today I'm 'Net surfing, looking at ideas for a more
period, but portable set-up. If any of y'all run into more period smithing
stuff, please let me know ;-)

Phlip