[Sca-cooks] Re: Indian Food Fans - recipe needed. OT OOP

Bonne de Traquair oftraquair at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 13:09:20 PDT 2002

  Louise Smithson <helewyse at yahoo.com> wrote: Hope this is not too late as I get SCA cooks in digest
form
Only too late in that when I finally got home, my daughter was taking an on-line exam for her on-line class and I wanted to start dinner NOW so didn't get to log in to check for posts.  In the end, I made two vegetable dishes that needed fiddling, so went with plain rice.  A pretty good sweet potato and chick pea dish from the Cooking Thin show on the foodnetwork, a green bean and cumin and garam masala made up by me dish, quick 'pickled' spiced peaches (jar of canned peach halves in light syrup, cooked with vinegar, a bit of molasses and mix of sweet spices, cardomum and diced candied ginger). chicken marinated in a ready made sauce, and broiled, Naan from the grocery (that's what started all this when I was shopping last friday) and rice.  I love indian food and have been trying to perfect one or two 'after work' meals to add to the rotation. Usually, home made indian food is an all day project.  And the way our weekends are lately, neither saturday nor sunday is available for such fun.
Thanks for typing it in, I will use it later this week with the leftover chicken.
Bonne