[Sca-cooks] Dayboards?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Oct 16 15:20:10 PDT 2002

In a message dated 10/16/2002 10:29:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kirsten at fabricdragon.com writes:

> most of our events do NOT serve breakfast or lunch, just dinner.......
> especially the one day only events... and the dayboard is what is available
> for other food on site.

I think you're using the word "dayboard" differently than I do.  To me, in
most cases, the dayboard is the lunch buffet, which is the only food provided
around noon and is therefore the lunch that is provided - and is usually
available to everyone on site, as opposed to the feast, for which you pay an
additional fee and sit down to be served, in the evening.
In my experience, it is very rare for even a one-day event not to have a
dayboard lunch - in fact, I more often see only a dayboard, and no feast,
than a feast and no dayboard.  Dayboards are pretty much standard for
Saturday on a camping event; it's Saturday breakfast that is usually missing.
 This would be for the southern region of the East, same area as Bhakail.

Now I do know that dayboards or lunches of any sort tend to be much rarer in
Atlantia; we have a shire member who moved up from Atlantia, and she is
totally baffled with this dayboard thing; she's used to packing a lunch for
events.

Brangwayna Morgan