[Sca-cooks] Early SCA heraldry.

Jim Fox-Davis firedrake at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 16 15:29:17 PDT 2002

There were other influences, as well.  The consulting herald who helped me
design my arms in October of 1973 was Lady (now Mistress) Joan of
Crawfordsmuir.  Her device, which I cannot currently recall the blazon of,
appears to be a saltire formed of wire coat hangers.  Think about the name and
the reference.

My own device, which passed Laurel at the January meeting, 1974, is "Sable, an
annulet vert, fimbriated argent, overall a sword pointing to sinister Or."
Or, a blade, surmounting an 'O'.

Blade. . .Oh.

Blaydeaux.

It has, over the years, also been referred to as the moldy bagel, the green
cheerio, and an off-color London Underground sign.

Jared
(who received his middle name, Alexandre, as a birthday present one year from
his herald wife)