[Sca-cooks] Should I be doing this?

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Wed Oct 16 21:26:57 PDT 2002

I cooked my first feast when the Baby was 2 1/2 months old.  Just
recently!!! Now someone else planned about half of this feast, I planned
about 3-4 dishes.  Granted this was an extremely small feast, (20 people
or so) ((if you include the cooking staff))  I had help from the person
who had volunteered to cook but couldn't due to various issues and it
was very welcome.  So what I am saying is that Yes you can do it!!! Plan
ahead with your menu NOW!!!! Get everything set and multiplied out for
the estimated number you need and on PAPER. IF the baby isn't born yet
which I think is the case here... Once you have your menu and everything
ready then hand all of it to your back up driver (COOK)... don't let
them cook it but this way it doesn't get lost!!! (Trust me it will!!!!)
Then go enjoy the baby!!!!! Pamper the wife ALOT!!!!  Pamper the baby
more!!  Then Pamper the Wife some more!!!!
Once January rolls around remind your wife that she did indeed in a fit
of pregnancy tell you to cook this feast... (I would suggest a very
subtle reminder here) but assure her that you are prepared and
everything is in order, reassure her that you will only be away for the
weekend, and make sure she comes to the event.  Try and get someone to
either watch the baby or someone to help her with the baby at the event.
Once you get closer to February get copies of your menus from your
backup driver.  Note I SAID COPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your backup should keep the originals!!! Double check your menus with
your backup driver.  Then the week before you have to Cook gently remind
your wife that this is the weekend and you really want her to be there
with your brand new baby!!! So you both can brag and be ooohhheed and
aaaahed over.   If she sews she will probably have the energy to put the
baby in his/her first garb...   (Burgundy tights, green tunic, green
hat, with burgundy trim on all, and a white feather to top it all
off!!!...just in case anyone was wondering...)

Make sure that 2 weeks before you have to cook that you get in close
contact with your backup and ensure that they will be at the event and
can be in the kitchen to help out.
A week before the event reassure your wife that You Love HER and
Reassure the baby that you love him/her then reassure yourself that You
enjoy this.
Have your backup driver remind you that you have to shop for NON Baby
stuff.... like your FEAST!!!!!!!!!!!   YIKES FORGOT THAT didn't you.....

The night before the event remind your wife that you have to cook a
feast the next day and that she will have to pull baby duty that night.
 (This will suck and it also hurts down deep but it is necessary!!!) GO
TO SLEEP EARLY!!!!!!!!
Find a seperate room if you have to.... but sleep!!!!
In addition make sure your back up driver sleeps!!!!!

The Day of sweetly kiss your wife and tell her you love her!!!
And then No Kidding forget them!!!!   Go Cook your feast!
Some point midway through the day (Hopefully) your child will be
presented to you!!!!  BE THE PROUD PAPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your kitchen crew can handle you away for a few minutes for the pictures...
Then Pass him/her back to Mama and let her do what she knows how to do
by now....
Get your job done...
Once the feast is out and you both have eaten, then send Mama home (with
the Baby)!!!!  If she needs a driver get one!!!!
Don't let her refuse a driver if she really needs one!!!!!!
Don't forget to eat BTW!!! You have baby duty the next day....
Once you have slept take up your child and let Mom sleep!!!!! If
possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck

Nichola

By 4 months the baby will be already making quite a few rather cute
sounds and several funny faces!!!!
Mama is going to need any help that you can talk into helping her
though.  Get ready to be REeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyy tired!!!!!!!!
Babies sap your brain as well as hers!!!!   Put your keys in the same
place every day!!! Become a creature of habit!!!!!  Trust me On That
One!!!!!
But Yeah I am almost at 4 months now and had I planned ahead I would be
able to cook a feast... And I am new to this game.   Actually both
games... SCA and Babies!!!